The following privacy statement explains how your personal information will be handled when you use our website or have any other form of communication such as email, telephone or post.
What information does iType collect about you?
iType collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly, register with us via our website or place an order for products or services. Details that we collect include:
- Information about you and your company when you register for an account with us. This may include your name and contact details and your company name and company details.
- Billing and delivery information, if you make a purchase from us for a product or service.
- Records of your interactions with us. Please note that if you contact us via telephone, we may record calls for compliance, quality and staff training purposes.
How does iType use your personal information?
Depending on how you use our website, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your order of our products or services.
- To provide you with support for our products and services.
- To maintain, improve and monitor our website.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services.
- To send you marketing messages where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- We will not share your personal information with any third parties for marketing purposes.
Who does iType share my personal information with?
iType needs to share information with certain selected third parties to operate our business:
- We provide information to third parties involved in the delivery chain (for example freight forwarders, couriers and delivery companies). On occasion, we also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors.
- Where you order is due for delivery outside New Zealand, we may need to share information with customs authorities both in NZ and in the country of destination. We may also share personal information with law enforcement or other governmental authority.
- We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
iType may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of iType, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where does iType store my personal information, and how long for?
We keep your data safely and securely for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information or you request for erasure, we will delete your personal data.
What does iType do to protect my personal information?
To ensure the security and protection of your personal details, we use:
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, which guarantees a safe and secure connection.
How can I access, update or delete my personal information?
You can contact us at info@iType.co.nz. Under New Zealand data protection law, you have the right to access, update and delete your personal information. iType will comply with any requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. There are limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
For questions regarding this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, please visit our contact page to see your options of how to get in touch.
Updates to this Privacy Statement